Post by knight on Jan 25, 2017 4:05:52 GMT -8
The story of Raees isn't a new one to be honest because we have seen this kind of stories in many other movies. However, the following points make it a must watch:
1. The performances of SRK and Nawaz : This is a new genre for SRK and a new role which he has not done (the closest one would be Ram Jaane in which he was over the top ) SRK is almost flawless through out the movie. Barring one or two scenes where he goes out of the character and reminds us of SRK, he is as solid as rock. Nawaz is excellent as the counter part and reminds us of the similar character he played in Kahaani. However in Raees, his character has a bit of humorous touch as well which adds another dimension to the strict cop that he is playing.
2. The dialogues : As we have already seen in the teasers/trailer, it has many oneliners which keep coming frequently and keeps the audience involved. The audience were clapping, roaring and whistling at every punch line that either SRK or Nawaaz uttered. There are plenty. In fact I can't remember the last SRK movie that got these many whistles/claps thorough out the movie in a multiplex (CDI was close). The audience were really enjoying it and I think the situation in the single screens would be even better.
3. The background music perfectly complements the tone and theme of the movie.
4. The whole set up looks authentic through out the movie.
5. Dimaag and Daring : The character Raees has both the required Dimaag and the Daring that they were showing in the teasers/trailers. The story and SRK do full justice to this tagline.
I have already mentioned a negative in the very first line i.e. it's not a whole new story. Apart from that there are hardly any negatives to say. Yeah, it could have been trimmed at few places in this otherwise fast paced experience.