The Hindi film industry has seen a poor year so far with no film getting close to 150 crore nett. There have been five 100 crore plus films but Tubelight was expected much more and even Raees had higher expectations.
Toilet Ek Prem Katha leads the race and is the biggest outright Hindi HIT of the year followed by Badrinath Ki Dulhania and then Jolly LLB 2. The top ten films have similar business of 930 crore nett plus to the top four last year (Dangal, Sultan, Rustom, Airlift) which contributed 923 crore nett. The top ten outright HINDI nett grossers of 2017 in India are as follows.
1. Toilet Ek Prem Katha - 1,31,88,00,000 (38 Days)
2. Raees - 1,28,77,50,000
3. Tubelight - 1,14,57,00,000
4. Badrinath Ki Dulhania - 1,14,11,50,000
5. Jolly LLB 2 - 1,07,77,50,000
6. Kaabil - 86,54,00,000
7. Baadshaho - 65,61,00,000 (17 Days)
8. Hindi Medium - 63,06,50,000
9. Jab Harry Met Sejal - 62,00,50,000
10. Mubarakan - 54,76,50,000
Note - This is just to clarify the position of 2017 so far as people are sending many charts in the email with Kaabil and Raees above Toilet Ek Prem Katha which is not the case in reality.